The Marketing Communications Intern will join a skilled and passionate team of Communication enthusiasts, dedicated to bring impactful Communications to live for our hero products of Male Grooming. You will be given a unique opportunity to learn the ‘ins & outs’ about effective campaign development from briefing to final executions and optimizing activations across markets to contribute to driving excellence in online & offline advertising. With a creative and consumer-oriented mind, you can add great value to the discussions within the process. Paired with analytical skills to grasp the effectiveness of our campaigns, you will help to further improve consideration, conversion and overall effectiveness.
- Support both MarCom Managers for Shaving as well as OneBlade in the development of campaigns and MarCom materials across different stages of the process to create effective communication across the Consumer Decision Journey (CDJ) and key touchpoints online + offline
- Closely interacting with key local markets to gather and discuss locally relevant feedback and act as main point of contact for deployment of final campaign toolkit
- Closely interacting with the cross-functional team within the Global Marketing Team to ensure a fully integrated WoW, across Shopper, Digital, CRM, PR, Asset and our in-house Real-Time-Marketing Team (RTM) that drives Paid Social activations of the campaigns
- Working with Market and Consumer Intelligence Team to validate if Comms is meeting consumer expectations and performance metrics
- Closely interacting with the Philips Brand Desk to ensure Comms is on brand guidelines
- Consolidate and share input with our advertising agency Ogilvy during the campaign development phases to ensure high-quality outputs.
- Key point of contact for H&O, the global adaptation agency of all global Toolkit assets
- Leading sub-streams of the overall campaign creation such as RTM content (e.g. testing of best performing messaging)
- Proactively capturing learnings, improvements and efficiencies within and across campaigns
- Follow and share insights on latest trends and developments in Marketing, Digital and Media.
- Supporting to ensure all final materials are on brief, on time, on quality
- Support and coordinate cross-functional activities, such us, internal meetings, events, etc.
You will join the Marketing Communications Team focused on Male Grooming, while the other half of MarCom works with our Beauty Category. The MarCom team is a part of the global Marketing Team (M2O) within Philips Personal Care. This broader team consists of 40+ specialists in different marketing functions such as marketing communications, shopper, PR, digital activation, real-time marketing and CRM. You will be focusing on campaign development and your main stakeholders are the Category (Male Grooming), Country Marketing Managers and agencies (Ogilvy, H&O).
- An amazing opportunity to be part of building the most exciting Communications for our Male Target groups across the globe, from the headquarters of Philips in Amsterdam.
- Working with skilled Marketing experts across different functions to broaden your horizon on Marketing
- Great way to get to know the Philips community, internal processes and how to work successfully in an international environment.
- Duration: 6 months with an option to extend
- Available per May 2017
- This internship is not suitable for a thesis assignment.
- Students on work placement or final-year study assignment are paid a work placement or final-year study assignment allowance.
- A student on a work placement or final-year study assignment is paid an allowance towards rented accommodation, depending on his/her situation. This will be determined setting up the Intern Contract.
- A student on work placement or final-year study assignment who can prove that he/she is not entitled to a student card for public transport (OV-studentenkaart) is paid an allowance to cover the cost of travel between home and the place of work in accordance with the Conditions of Employment Guideline.
- The student is entitled to paid leave on the basis of 1 day per month.
- Opportunity to buy Philips products with tax benefit (Philips MyShop)
We are looking for
Students currently studying towards their (final-year) Bachelor of Science/Master of Science in one of the following fields;
- International Business Management (with a Marketing specialization)
Furthermore we require you to be:
- Fluent in English
- A strong communicator, internally and externally
- A creative mind-set and not afraid to share ideas
- Organized and structured project management approach
- Team player who feels confident in an international work environment, gets along easily with different nationalities
- Fast learner, proactive and able to work independent
- Dedicated and results-driven
- Strong affinity with Male Grooming products and male consumers
- Ideally previous internship experience within Marketing Communications of big brands
- Confident in working with Microsoft Office and Outlook
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover letter outlining your motivation and availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)