Execute a (software) simulation of the heat dissipation and the air flow of the units in a 19”cabinet, taking into account the cables of the units and their cable routing from the 19”cabinet to the Rear Cover (including system cables coming in from the Rear Cover to the units). To comply with the thermal requirements of the units and the climatic requirements of the (technical) room.
During this internship, you will be responsible for the simulation processes. You will be making the calculations and ensure a good thermal/air flow for a fully wired cabinet. Including, yet not limited to prototyping.
You will be working in an international environment with the best engineers from the Mechatronics Development Cluster and IGT-Systems.
- Thesis/non-thesis: Non-thesis.
- Duration: 6 months-1 year.
- We prefer students available as soon as possible, but no later than May 2017
We are looking for
Students currently studying towards their Master of Science in the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
With a specialization in Thermal/Fluid Dynamics. Furthermore we require students to match the following criteria:
- Professional proficiency in English (C1+)
- Knowledge: Mechanics, Thermal management, numerical simulations of thermal fluids flow.
- Competences: Mechanics, Thermal management, numerical simulations of thermal fluids flow.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter outlining your motivation and informing your availability
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, it should be compulsory (for students outside EU/EER) by your education and you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.