being actively involved in advising publicly traded companies, large corporations, privately-owned companies and financial sponsors on various types of strategically important transactions. Rabobank Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) is number 1 in the Dutch M&A market and in the top 3 in the European Food & Agri M&A segment based on the number of transactions.
The start date for the internship is continuous throughout the year.
Making a difference
During your internship you work with the team on real-life opportunities and you learn more about both the creation and the implementation of deals. At the same time, you get to know Rabobank's culture and the responsibilities that the team has.
You can actively contribute to the team by:
- Assisting in preparing client presentations.
- Analyzing companies, such as their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors, and the broader market, such as investor perspectives, market trends and dynamics.
- Supporting financial analyses and business valuations.
- Assisting the team in the general implementation process, e.g. when preparing information memoranda, management presentations and prospectuses.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The M&A team is part of Rabobank's investment banking activities. The team has a specific focus on the Dutch market in general and the Food & Agri sector worldwide with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion. Globally, the M&A team consists of approximately 90 colleagues, with offices in Utrecht, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Madrid, Paris, Sao Paulo and Mumbai. As a result, Rabobank M&A also offers its customers full support for cross-border M&A transactions. A selection of recent high-profile transactions includes the public offer for ICT Group, the sale of Vivera and the acquisition of Eight Fifty Food Group.
One thing is certain, within M&A Rabobank you will work in a very dynamic, challenging and international working environment at one of the leading Dutch financial institutions!
Requirements to apply for this internship:
- You are registered at a university for the entire internship.
- You are in the third or final year of your bachelor’s degree, or you are a master student, with a background in Finance or a clear motivation to do a financial internship.
- You are available full-time for at least 3 months.
- You have an EU passport or as a non-EU citizen you are registered at a Dutch university. In addition, you must stay in the Netherlands for the duration of the internship.
- You are fluent in English and preferably a second European language.
- You have above average academic grades.
We would love to help you develop yourself by focusing on your growth and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We value diversity in opinions, backgrounds, and perspectives and are looking for individuals who enjoy challenges and have innovative ideas. We provide you space to innovate and take initiative and we will help you succeed. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. Besides, you can count on (based on a 40-hour work week):
- A monthly internship allowance.
- Personal mentorship.
- A professional work and learning environment.
- 100% reimbursement of your commuting if you travel with public transport.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades (please add them to your letter). Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter and the confirmation that you are enrolled in university during the entire internship period.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a M&A intern and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Apply via the button “Apply now”.
- You can apply all year round. State clearly in your motivation letter from when to when you want to do this internship.
- Godelief Wösten, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you pass our first selection round, you will be invited for our online assessments. If you pass the online assessments, you will be invited for an interview.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!