To be actively involved in the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team of Rabobank, based at the headquarters in Utrecht. A leading bank within the global Food & Agri space and within the Netherlands.
We are recruiting new interns who will start in August 2022. Please make sure you include a confirmation in your letter that you are enrolled in University during that period.
Making a difference
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations;
- Perform analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives);
- Support financial analyses and company valuations;
- Assist the team in the general execution process, e.g. in the preparation of information memoranda, management presentations or prospectuses
With each other
The M&A team advises public companies, large corporates, privately-owned companies and financial sponsors on various types of strategically important transactions. The team has a specific focus on the Dutch market in general and the Food & Agri sector globally with an enterprise value between EUR 100 million and EUR 1 billion. It has consistently ranked #1 in the Dutch M&A market and top 3 in the European Food & Agri M&A market by number of transactions for the last 5 years. With offices in Utrecht, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Madrid, Paris, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo and Mumbai, Rabobank M&A offers full support to its clients in cross-border M&A transactions. The European M&A team is composed by the Head of M&A Europe, 6 Managing Directors, 9 (Executive) Directors and c. 35 junior professionals. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the public offer on Telegraaf Media Group, the sale of Bugaboo and the acquisition of Weetabix by Post Holding.
We are looking for best in class 3rd and 4th year university students. For this internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship and available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
Required skills and experience:
Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree and affinity with finance
Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests;
Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
Co-operative, adaptive and flexible attitude as well as excellent communication skills;
Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred;
High work ethic and motivation;
Trusted and loyal team player.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
“We want to share our knowledge about sustainable financial solutions. For example, we offer a discount to corporate clients with a sustainable hallmark.”
“By sponsoring Kunstbende and Lowlands, we show how important we believe culture is to society.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter. Please be advised that the number of positions is limited so apply well in advance(3-5 months).
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Intern within M&A and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- If you have any questions, please contact Simone Lasseur, Recruiter on +31 6 82483969 or via Simone.Lasseur@rabobank.nl
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
- You have to remain enrolled at a university during the duration of the internship.
- This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- We offer a competitive internship allowance.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who youreally are!