The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day.
As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
All posting locations: Nijmegen, , Netherlands
Job Function: 10 - R&D
Department: 10 - 04 - Product Development
Date Published: 10-May-2022
Job Type: Student
Description & Requirements
Sensory Panel Internship
Start date June/July 2022
Duration 3-6 months
Platform/Project Internship Culinary & Consumer Experience Team
Workstream Sensory Descriptive Panel
During your assignment you will be part of the Culinary & Consumer Experience Team. You’ll be working in an innovative and technical team- alongside colleagues experienced in the field of sensory science. As an integrated team member we welcome you to take part in the team’s activities such as team meetings and activities which will give you a real feel for the company and the business. Your primary responsibility will be to assist our sensory panel lead with her daily activities with the sensory descriptive panel.
In brief- you will be responsible assisting in all the activities related to the sensory descriptive panel (SDP) and simultaneously assist in the expansion of the category portfolio of our SDP.
- Assisting with day-to-day panel activities (e.g.- product preparation- assisting during testing and training sessions)
- Assisting in strengthening the sensory language for main product categories.
- Participate in sensory tastings.
- Exploring literature to investigate how to initialize training with the SDP on a new category.
- Roll out training plan and assist in execution.
- Currently in the third/final year of an HBO education related to food and business. Some knowledge about sensory science is preferred
- Fluent in English
- Must have a pro-active attitude and a passion for food
- Must maintain student status for the duration of the internship placement
- Must have EU work authorization
- Available to start ASAP
- Independent worker: You are independent and can plan and perform your tasks without a lot of supervision. You can also act in a pro-active manner.
- Good interpersonal skills.: You are not afraid to take the lead in group settings.
- Curiosity- positivity & enthusiasm : You’re curious- positive and enthusiastic.
- Teamwork: Achieving results is great but achieving results with the team is simply the best. You’re a great teammate- which means you’re sometimes a leader- sometimes a follower but always working towards the same common goal together with your teammates.
What We Offer You
- An ambitious employer we only want the best for you and invest in your personal goals.
- An amazing learning opportunity in one of the world’s leading Food companies.
- All-round knowledge on best sensory practices and how to effectively manage and train a SDP.
- Practical work with the sensory panel: you can put gained theoretical knowledge into practice