WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TRADING CAREER AT IMC?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A QUANTITATIVE RESEARCHER INTERN
Our quant researcher internship is your chance to experience trading with IMC. You’ll discover how you can apply statistical techniques to high-frequency financial data, train algorithms to learn new patterns and translate signals into profitable strategies. You’ll have all the support you need to succeed: hands-on training, and a mentor who’ll oversee your work and professional development. Where you go from here is up to you – the majority of our interns secure a graduate position before the end of the programme.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a quantitative researcher intern at IMC, you will
- Enjoy the support of a dedicated mentor
- Work closely with our traders and technologists, building valuable connections
- Receive a highly competitive compensation package with accommodation included
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE INTERNSHIP
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded
- You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
- In (pen)ultimate year of a quantitative field of study (e.g. Statistics, Physics or Mathematics)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Proficient experience in a programming language (e.g. Python or R)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks (fulltime)
READY TO APPLY?
IMC: JOIN A WORLD-CLASS GLOBAL MARKET MAKER
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.